Flying Termites are among the most damaging insect found in homes. Generally, there are two kinds of termites that we see. One is dry wood termites and they are brown. Another variety is called subterranean termites. These are really harmful to our furniture so here, are effective ways how to get rid of flying termites.
Lots of people also ask do termites fly. Yes, there are flying termites, and they are just as destructive as their grounded counterparts. Most of the flying pests look like flying ants. However, flying termites have two pairs of equal wings. They also have a white- almost translucent color, with a veiny appearance. These termites also have two straight antennae with a slight curve. Their color and their size depend on the species. Heavy termites can find if there is heavy rainfall and warm, humid weather can also attract them.
What can we do get rid of Flying Termites
There are many ways to get rid of flying termites. Some of them are mentioned below:-
Vinegar is the wonder material at home. This can not only use for the cleaning of the kitchen counter to showering. But this can also use to kill termites.
How to Use to get rid of flying termites
- Just mix a half cup of Vinegar with the juice of two lemons and the termite killer solution is ready.
- Then simply put it on a spray bottle and spray it around the area where you suspect the termite.
- This is acidic and the acidic termite kills the termites on contact.
- Make sure to spray regularly so that you do not get with the last treatment.
Orange Oil mostly is dd- limonene which is deadly to termites. This oil is getting from the orange peels. This oil causes the exoskeletons of termites to dissolve, which causes them to lose protein moisture and then die.
How to use to get rid of termites
- Simply take Orange oil in a spray bottle and spray this to the suspected area.
Table salt is sodium chloride which can be very good for cleaning and disinfecting. Furthermore, they can prevent termites. Cotton is made from cellulose and attracts the bugs while the salt dehydrates them and drives them away.
How to use to get rid of termites
Mix equal parts of salt and soak some cotton balls in the mixture. Put the soaked cotton on the top oil the furniture and around the affected area.
Boric acid is a chemical compound which commonly uses to treat infections, but it can also get rid of termites. It is so effective that it can also find in several different insecticides made to fight off these intruders. It attacks the termite nervous system, dehydrating them. This is an effective way to get rid of flying termites but we should be careful with:-
How to use
- Mix equal sugar and boric acid and put them in little containers (bottles or jars with lids) around the affected areas.
- Do this for four to three weeks. This mixture also attracts and eliminate ant and cockroaches.
It is poisonous in small quantities but it can cause harm if large amounts are ingested. So, try to avoid ingestion or contact with your eyes. Remember to keep it away from kids and animals.
Over the last few years have been giving more value to the use of essential oils. However, they are mostly used in skin care. Most people do not know that they can also eliminate termites. The best oil for this purpose is orange, clove, cinnamon, mint, and eucalyptus.
How to use
- Put some of the oil in the spray bottle. And spray it in the affected areas.
Vaseline is also another good way to get rid of termites. This is not exactly a homemade termite poison since it does not kill them but it serves as a repellent- a sort of protective barrier. It is recommended that you rub some Vaseline on your furniture and let it for one or two days.
How to use
- You must do it with a soft cloth. Apart from the tips, here are a few more recommendations.
Consider using nematodes
This is the natural easy to get rid of the termites. Chemicals are effective but if your termite problem is small and you are more interested in prevention than cure. This natural method is an excellent alternative. Beneficial nematodes are tiny roundworms that eat the insects damaging humans. These worms are entirely harmless to humans. When nematodes come to sin contact with the termite, they break their bodies and begin feasting. They start to produce discharge germs from the host intestines, causing blood poisoning and death. This is also an effective way to get rid of flying termites.
Steps to make Homemade Insecticide for termites
- Add one cup of water to a bowl. To make this ramen.
- The first ingredient is peppermint oil. So, just add a few drops of peppermint oil to the water.
- Now add on a teaspoon of dish soap. Then add one teaspoon of diatomaceous earth to it.
- Last, add some sugar that attracts termites. Only one teaspoon of sugar is required.
- Mix all ingredients very well. Remove wood milk and plant temperatures from the garden approach and remove the paper to lumber and firewood piles away from an infested area.
How the natural ingredients help to get rid of flying termites
Peppermint has a strong smell that finds many pests so irritating. The oil from this plant can also use to deter both insect and animal paths from the home.
Soap is the active ingredient in insecticides soap and potassium salt and fatty acid are created when chemical compounds are alkali mixed. With the fatty acid found in natural oil. This includes castor oil, coconut oil, and olive oil. This can help to get rid of many pests like termites and cockroaches. The soap kills the soft body’s insect by breaking down its protective curricular skin.
Role of Diatomaceous Earth
This is a unique type of sand that consists of fossilized algae. It mined for decades and has numerous industrial applications. More recently it has appeared in the market as a dietary supplement. That promotion has several health benefits. This is also used in the treatment of many pests. Diatomaceous earth is very oppressive to an insect’s exoskeleton causing them to dry out and dry diarrhea earth is used in a variety of settings including indoor applications for controlling bad bugs, flies’ cockroaches, termites, and carpet beetles also.
Flying termites can cause many diseases and also affects our furnitures if they are not removed from the home. For wood termites on the furniture, you can also use the vacuum cleaner to put them away, and outside the house spray any local insecticide on the top of the termite. That can kill all the wings and reproductive systems.
Sneaker Balls: Working, Best Products and their Uses