Gokshura is a popular medicinal herb known by its botanical name i.e, Tribulus Terrestris. It is also known as Gokhru, Caltrop, Gokhuri, and Goat head and grows in summer in colder climates. It can also grow in desert climates and poor soil conditions. Its stem grows around 10 centimeters in diameter with flat patches. Its leaflets are about 3 mm long and the leaves are shaped like pinnate. It grows in various regions of Europe, Asia, Africa, and many more.
Nowadays people are using it as a diet supplement. But it has been using as a medicinal plant in ancient times. In Ayurveda, its root and fruit have an important significance in the making of medicines. It has been used with regard to its effective benefits like enhancing libido, acting as an anti-agent, improves brain functioning. Most importantly, its supplements are used in bodybuilding in boosting immunity and also increase testosterone levels in the body.
Benefits of Gokshura
There are many health benefits of Gokshura which are mentioned below:
1. Improves brain functioning
Gokshura powder controls the level of serotonin as it consists of Monoamine oxidase inhibitors. Serotonin is a hormone that controls our emotional and mental states.
If you consume Gokshura on daily basis it will also treat Parkinson’s disease, psychological imbalances, headaches, and relieves stress.
2. Anti-aging properties
Consumption of Gokshura on a daily basis can help in delaying the onset of aging. It also helps in preventing wrinkles, reducing body fat, and preventing the decline in muscular growth.
3. Improves erectile dysfunction
The compounds of saponins present in Gokshura help in improving erectile dysfunction. It strengthens the penile tissue and enhances penile erection. It helps in boosting energy and also gives strength to the penile tissue.
4. Treat skin problems
It is very useful in Ayurvedic medicine in treating skin problems. Young teenagers always suffer from acne problems. You can use it to remove and prevent it from occurring in the future. It also treats wounds, hives, itchiness, skin inflammation, and skin eruptions. Bad skin can result in low self-confidence but you can solve this by eating gokshura as it has many healing properties.
5. Prevents urinary infections
Urinary problems like urinary incontinence, painful urination, and burning sensation while urinating can all be treated with the Gokshura churna. If you mix it with cow’s milk, it relieves pain and burning and copes with urination incontinence. It has various antibacterial properties which treat urinary infections.
6. Treats PCOS
PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) is very common in women today. It mostly happens due to hormonal imbalances, irregular periods, hair loss, weight gain, acne, mood swings, and many more. Also maintains the hormonal levels in the blood, boosts the female reproductive organs, and enhances the maturation of the eggs into follicles. It can also create a lot of problems during conceiving. if you have a urine problem or diuretic, take Gokshura churna daily with excess water to decrease its size.
7. Supports kidney health
The traditional Ayurveda churna supports kidney health by eliminating increased uric acid and also manage the uric acid level in the kidneys and curing gout. It prevents kidney disease, kidney stones, and cystitis.
The anti-inflammatory properties of Gokshura churna prevent the production of kidney stones and break or reduce the size of kidney stones developed earlier. It also helps in managing diabetes problems.
8. Helps in bodybuilding
Everyone is concerned about their body image and there is some kind of pressure to look good or want to shape their body the way they want it to be. Gokshura powder and tablets help in bodybuilding and the components present in this herb can improve body structure and muscle strength.
Men who want to make their body muscular are choosing steroid injections and supplements which will pump their body in an unnatural way. It can be harmful in the future. So, it is important to take a natural source which is gokshura.
9. Helps in digestion
Gokshura churna has digestive qualities that will effectively improve your digestion. It also increases the absorption of important nutrients and improves digestion by the release of digestive juices.
It also helps in preventing the symptoms of stomach pain, ulcerative colitis, and irritable bowel syndrome and prevents fluid retention.
10. Cure Heart problems
It has many antioxidative properties and is useful in treating various heart problems. Also strengthens the cardiac muscles and keeps lipids and other debris away from the blood vessels and prevents atherosclerosis. It is also important for keeping blood cholesterol levels in control.
Gokshura has bioactive ingredients that lower the levels of fatty acids and lower the risk of heart attacks, strokes, blood clots, and other cardiovascular diseases.
11. Boosts Sexual Health
It is effective in improving men’s sexual health. it increases testosterone levels in men. It has effective spermatogenic properties that are extremely helpful in treating hypothermia (low volume of semen), asthenozoospermia (i.e. sperm motility), oligospermia (i.e. low sperm count), teratozoospermia (i.e. abnormal sperm shape) and increases spermatogenesis (i.e. sperm production). Because of its antioxidant properties, it improves the production of testosterone and treats conditions like erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
12. Boosts Libido
It has a property that increases sexual desire and helps in reducing mental tension and anxiety issues and also increases testosterone hormones to increase libido. It boosts stamina in men and improves male and female fertility.
Also read: Vajrasana benefits
Gokshura churna is an ancient herbal mixture that will provide strength to the body. It has anti-inflammatory properties that make it very useful for improving kidney functions and treating other problems like urinary tract infection, urinary distension, urinary calculi, dysuria, difficulty in micturition, treating osteoarthritis, gout, and relief from sexual problems.
You can use this in the powdered form that contains these seven herbs named gokshura, haritaki, punarnava, deodara, lashuna, and ginger. It is mixed in equal parts and this mixture works efficiently in promoting sexual health, improves sexual desire, and performance, also treats erectile dysfunction, and increases libido and stamina. It works as a bio-stimulator that Increase the level of the male hormone testosterone.
How to make Gokshura Churna?
Take a part of each of the 7 herbs:
Gokshura is beneficial in overcoming many problems like urinary problems, low water retention capacity, hair fall, rheumatic pain, neural problems, headache, stress, obesity, menstruation, piles, bed wetting, eye problems, and many more.
Haritaki has anti-oxidant properties that help in managing diabetes, improving digestion, giving relief from constipation, curing sore throat, treating lung infections, and increasing the healing abilities of the body.
Punarnava is an ayurvedic plant that helps in strengthening the body. So, It also helps in managing heart problems, improves eyesight, aids digestion, and prevents diseases like diabetes, arthritis, urinary tract infection, and anemia.
Deodar plant has high importance in treating fever, headache, arthritis, and asthma, and also helps in healing wounds. Its digestive properties help in treating constipation and also reduce weight.
- Lashuna or garlic
Allicin is present in garlic and has strong anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties that help in treating insect bites, wounds, tumors, headaches, heart diseases, cancer, cough and cold symptoms, pimples, measles, and many more.
- Adrak (or wet ginger) / Shunthi (or dry ginger)
Both wet and dry ginger has many benefits and helps people suffering from vomiting, constipation, indigestion, and other stomach problems. It is also used for treating asthma, cough, and cold symptoms.
Process of making Gokshura Churna
- Properly wash all the seven herbs and dry them in the sun
- Grind each herb separately and make them into a powder form.
- Then put these herbs into the sunlight for 3-4 days until there is no moisture left.
- Mix all 7 herbs powder in equal forms.
- Grind them into a fine powder and remove all the impurities and hard particles.
- Store it in containers for future use.
Dr. Morepen Gokshura Tablets
- Dr. Morepen Gokshura is an ayurvedic supplement that provides 1000 mg of Gokshura per tablet with 40% saponins.
- It can be used by both men and women.
- This supplement will help you in body-building & overall fitness as it strengthens your muscles.
- Dr. Morepen Gokshura has ISO 22000:2018, ISO 9001:2015, HACCP, and GMP certified.
- It can help men increase testosterone levels and increase sports performance, stamina, and sexual desire.
- Gokshura tablets can also have positive effects on women’s hormonal health. it can help in managing PCOS and reduce menopausal symptoms, like lack of sleep, night sweats, irritability, and sad mood.
- The Ayurveda-based range by MuscleBlaze offers products made using unique ayurvedic herbs i.e, Gokshura that helps in bodybuilding naturally
- Muscleblaze Gokshura 1000mg is an ayurvedic product in the Ayurveda for Performance range by brand.
- It also offers 1000mg of Tribulus Gokshura per tablet with 40% Saponins
- It is useful in improving stamina & decreasing fatigue so that you can perform better at the gym.
- Tribulus Gokshura, naturally boosts testosterone levels which is helpful in enhancing libido
- It also boosts the nitric oxide levels that result in a better pump during workouts and supports post-workout recovery.
Siddhayu Gokshura Tablet
- Siddhayu Gokshura Tablet is plant-based and its primary ingredient is Gokshura fruit extract.
- The table delivers a potent therapy for men that helps in enhancing stamina.
- It also improves physical strength and energy levels.
- It also helps in boosting testosterone secretion.
- It helps in reducing weakness.
- It helps in supporting muscles during workouts
Inlife Tribulus Terrestris
- It helps you in pumping the muscles during workouts and increases your energy levels.
- It also promotes faster recovery time between workouts and promotes muscle growth.
- Tribulus extract offers Tribulus Gokshura per tablet with 40% Saponins
- It is a natural and effective mixture of natural ingredients that are carefully processed and manufactured and also GMP certified.
Merlion Gokshura tablets
- It is made up of Pure Gokshura powder.
- It promotes healthy fluid levels and also increases the level of fluids in the body
- It improves the nervous system and also helps in digestion.
- It also helps in boosting testosterone levels in the body.
- It is available in a pack of 120 Tablets of 500mg each.
- It is produced and packed in India.
Also read: Mosambi: Everything you need to know
How to use Gokshura
- Gokshura Tablets: Take the Gokshura tablet after meals with water, twice a day.
- Gokshura Churna: Take half a teaspoon of Gokshura Churna with honey or milk after meals, twice a day.
- Gokshura Kwath: Take four to six teaspoons of Kwath with honey or water after meals, twice a day.
- Gokshura Capsule: Take a capsule with water after meals, twice daily.
Side Effects of Gokshura
It has minimal effects on the body and can be cured if taken care of properly.
- Stomach pain
- Not able to sleep properly
It is recommended to just take the prescribed dose if you take a heavy dose it can cause these above problems as it is heavy in nature and always take this in winter.
Precautions with the use of Gokshura
If you suffering from the following conditions, it is important to consult with the doctor before taking Gokshura.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding
Gokshura taking during pregnancy can be harmful. It can harm the development of the baby. So, It is not good for pregnant women to consume Gokshura.
Gokshura may cause prostatic problems like benign prostate hypertrophy (BPH) or prostate cancer. According to many studies, it can increase prostate weight.
Gokshura can cause a fluctuation in blood sugar levels. This increase in blood sugar levels can create a problem during and after surgery. So, it’s good to stop taking Gokshura at least two weeks before surgery.
Gokshura can lower blood sugar levels. so, your doctor may need to adjust the dose of diabetes drugs.
Gokshura is a traditional ayurvedic herbal remedy with countless health benefits. it is very important as it treats urinary and kidney problems improve male and female reproductive functioning, boosts stamina, and cures heart and skin problems. If you take this in the proper dosage, you can prevent yourself from all the diseases without any side effects and you can also use supplements that most bodybuilders use for muscle strength and to increase testosterone hormones.