You must have tried many recipes for sabudana, it is very common mostly in Indians and it is also eaten during fasting. Sabudana khichdi recipe is one of the best tasty recipes that can be eaten during fasting if you are craving something tasty and crispy. It is made during Fasting Festivals like Navratri.
We will tell you about the recipe of Sabudana Khichdi for fasting. Sabudana khichdi is very crispy and delicious. If you feel like eating something tasty and spicy during the fast, then you can make this Sabudana Khichdi.
Sabudana Khichdi Recipe
Prepare Time:- 3 hours(because you have to soaked Sabudana for 2-3 hours).
Cook Time:- 15 minutes
- Sabudana 100gms
- 3-4 medium-sized boiled potatoes
- 4-5 green chilies chopped
- rock salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- Peanuts 15 Gums
- chopped coriander
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 3 tsp peanut powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
How to make
First of all, take a cup of 100gms Sabudana and leave it to soak in 175gms of water for 4-5 hours.
- After 2-3 hours you will see that your sabudana is well soaked.
- Now keep a pan on medium flame and add 1 tsp of ghee.
- After the ghee is hot, add cumin seeds to it. After roasting cumin lightly, add chopped boiled potatoes to it and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, add peanuts and fry them too. Roast the potatoes and peanuts well so that it becomes crispy. Now add curry leaves and finely chopped green chilies.
- After mixing all the ingredients, add soaked sabudana to it. Remember it should not contain excessive water. Now add peanut powder to it and mix it well.
- Add rock salt and crushed black pepper to it and mix it well. Keep stirring it like this for 5-6 minutes continuously on medium flame.
- After 5 minutes, if the color of sabudana becomes transparent, then add chopped coriander to it.
- Switch off the flame of the gas and cover the lid for 3-4 minutes and let it become steam. After this add lemon juice and mix it.
- Transferred to a plate. Your Sabudana fasting khichdi is ready. If you feel like eating something, then you can make instant sago khichdi, just keep in mind to soak them.
- The groundnut absorbs the moisture of the sabudana and the khichdi becomes fluffy.
Whenever you make sabudana khichdi, remember these things:-
1. Wash and soak the sago well. While buying them, remember that you have to take medium-sized sabudana.
2. If you are soaking sabudana, do not add too much water to it. If you are taking 1 cup of sago, then add a cup of water.
You can try many recipes during the fast and sabudana is one of the famous and healthy recipes that can be eaten during fasting festivals like Navratri or etc. Sabudana khichdi is very easy to make but the only thing is that you have to soak it for two to three hours. It is the only drawback that makes it time taking. By the way, it is one of the best khichdi. You can also make these recipes on your normal days, whenever you want to eat something like crispy or tasty.