Group messaging (also known as group texting) is a fantastic feature available on iPhones and iPads running iOS 10 and iOS 11. Although group messaging is a fantastic feature that allows cell phone users to stay in touch with a large number of friends, colleagues, and acquaintances. Here are simple steps How to add people to a group text.
As your message evolves, you may want to include more people. For instance, it is critical to distinguish between Group iMessage and Group Messages. A group iMessage is when everyone in the group has an iPhone. This allows you to add or remove members from your text group.
Because active users use a mix of iPhones and Android devices, group messages are actually sent using the SMS functions of the cellular network. If this is the case, you’ll need to start a new text thread with or without the contacts.
How to Begin a Texting Group
For group texting, there are several other apps on the market that support group texting, but for the purposes of this article, we’ll concentrate on the ubiquitous iMessages app, which most iPhone and iPad users use every day.
One of the best features of Apple products is the ability to use the iMessage app on multiple devices. The options listed below are applicable to all Apple products, including the Mac, the MacBook, the iPhone, and the iPad. In these, they also add people in group text.
So, if you’re ready to start inviting people to your group chat, follow these steps:
1. Locate and open the Messages app on your iPhone.
2. Exit any existing conversation by tapping the arrow key in the top-left corner. Moreover, tap the New Message icon in the top-right corner of the Messages screen (it looks like a notepad with a pen). This is the second and most important step to adding someone to a group text.
3. Begin typing the names of the people you want to invite in the To: area. If the invitees are already in your address book, their names or phone numbers should autocomplete as you type. You can also use the + icon to browse through your contact list. It’s important to add someone in group text.
If the recipient’s phone number is not in your address book, enter it in the To: field. If you want to add someone who is using an iPad, you can enter their Apple ID instead. This is the third step to add someone in group.
4. Repeat the preceding steps until all intended recipients’ email addresses have been entered into the To: field.
5. Write the message you want to send. You only have to type it once.
6. Finally, press the “Send” button.
Last step is to add someone in a group text. Each new member you add will now receive that message. This allows all members of the text group to respond and see each other’s responses. Of course, recipients can unsubscribe from the group text at any time, or you can remove them yourself.
Anyone in the group text who does not have an iPhone is not using the iMessage app. Although, the color of the Send button will tell you who is and who isn’t using the iPhone. However, if they are an iPhone user, if the Send button is blue. If it’s green, the person isn’t an iPhone (or an iOS user in general), and you’re getting standard texts instead.
Moreover, this is not mandatory that this will work on all emojis or animations for everyone in the group. This is especially true for people who have different versions of iOS or other operating systems in general. The text messages themselves, however, should be fine. This is how to add people to a group text.
How to Add Someone to a Group Text
If you’re already having a conversation with one or more people, or if you simply forgot to add someone, I can show you how to add them. What you do is as follows:
1. Locate the Messages app on your iPhone and tap to open it.
2. Tap to open the conversation to which you want to add an individual.
3. Tap the Details icon (it looks like an I in a circle) in the top right corner of the screen.
4. Select “Add Contact.”
5. Enter the name of the person you’re adding (if they’re already in your address book) or their full phone number in the Add: field.
Again, if using an iPad, you can type in their Apple ID to make things easier.
6. When you’re finished, tap Done. This is the last step How to add people to a group text.
Want to read on: How to turn off read receipts on Instagram.