Most people know that the two main muscles in the arm are the biceps and triceps. But what do these muscles actually do? and How will you perform the Biceps and Triceps Workout?
The biceps are located on the upper arm, and they contract to extend the arm. When the elbow is flexed, the biceps straighten the arm. The triceps are located on the back of the arm, and they help bend and extend the arm at the elbow. The two main functions of the biceps and triceps workout are extension and flexion of the arms.
To properly exercise these muscles, you first need to warm up by doing some low-intensity exercises such as walking or cycling for 5 to 10 minutes to get the blood flowing and increase body temperature. Then it’s time to do some compound movements, like squats and presses, which work for multiple muscle groups at once. You want to do three sets of 8-12 reps with 2-3 minutes of rest in between sets. This will get the muscles warmed up and allow you to lift heavier weights later on. Finally, do some isolation movements for the biceps and the triceps.
Preacher Curls and Triceps Pushdown
This combination is one of the best workouts when it comes to the biceps and triceps workout.
- Sit on a preacher’s bench and grasp the EZ bar at the inner grip. Place your upper arms and chest against the preacher’s bench pad.
- Exhale while you use your biceps to elevate the bar. Squeeze your biceps for a second while holding the bar at shoulder height.
- As you lower the bar, take a deep breath. Extend your arms to fully extend your biceps.
- Rep to the instructions until you have completed the appropriate number of repetitions.
- Connect the tiny bar attachment to the pole and set the position of the cable pulley at the top.
- Turn around and face the cable pulley.
- Keep both feet on the floor slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, standing a half-step away.
- Hold the bar immediately in front of your body with your arms outstretched and both hands on the bar with an overhand grip (palms facing down).
- This is where you’ll begin. Inhale and bend your elbows to let the bar rise up towards your chest, keeping your elbows in tight touch(locked) with your sides.
- Exhale and extend your elbows and press the bar downwards to return to the beginning position, making sure your elbows stay in tight touch with the sides of your body. repetitions for the specified number of times.
Dumbbells Hammer Curls and Dumbbells kickback
Hammer curls and kickbacks are also the best combinations among the best exercises for triceps and biceps workout
Dumbbells Hammer Curls
- Stand up straight and use a neutral grip to hold a set of dumbbells at your sides.
- Raise the dumbbells to your shoulders, maintaining your elbows as steady as possible.
- Squeeze your biceps and forearms as they come into contact at the peak of the exercise.
- Maintain the contraction for one second.
- Lower the weights gradually until they are back by your sides.
- For hypertrophy, perform 3-5 sets of 6-12 repetitions in total.
- Pick up a dumbbell using one hand.
- Maintain a normal gap from your right leg.
- Tighten your core muscles and lean forward, keeping your back straight and your head aligned with your spine.
- Bend the left arm to a 90-degree angle while gripping the dumbbell, maintaining the upper arm aligned with the upper torso.
- Slowly straighten the lower arm while keeping the wrist firm, without moving the upper torso or upper arm.
- Return the lower arm to its starting position at a 90-degree angle slowly.
- Repeat the required number of times.
- Rep on the opposite side.
Also Read:- Chest & Triceps Workout
Dumbbells Concentration Curls and Tricep’s Rope Pushdown
This triceps and biceps combination is very effective when it comes to targeting a particular muscle.
Dumbbells Concentration Curls
- Sit in a chair with your feet flat on the floor, your knees wide apart, and a dumbbell in your right hand.
- Brace the rear of your right elbow on the inside of your right knee as you bend forward. Your right arm should be dangling straight down, palm towards your left leg.
- Curl the weight toward your shoulder with your palm facing up, keeping your upper body steady and your elbow on your knee.
- Then back to the beginning position, and then change the hand movement.
- Complete all of your reps, then swap sides and continue with an equal amount of reps for each arm.
Tricep’s Rope Pushdown
- Adjust the weight so that you can complete at least 10 smooth repetitions, then step back and grip the rope on the cable station.
- Bring your shoulders back and your eyes ahead to stand tall. Your feet should be hip-width apart, with your toes slightly pointing out. Keep your knees a little bit bent.
- Bring your elbows down to your sides, bent at about 90 degrees.
- Take a deep breath and use your triceps to stretch both elbows.
- Hold the contraction for a second, exhale, and gradually relax until your elbows are bent and your wrists are slightly higher than your elbows.
- Inhale and exhale.
Standing Barbell Curls and Skull Crusher
Standing barbell curls and skull crusher is also one of the best exercises among the triceps and biceps workout.
- Place your feet on the bench. Plant your feet into the ground and use your entire body to establish a sturdy basis.
- Hold the EZ bar on the narrow section of the handles with a pronated grip (palms facing down).
- After that Extend your arms completely. Maintain a weight balance over your chest.
- Inhale deeply and brace your core, glutes, and grasp as tightly as possible.
- Slowly bend the elbows and drop the weight to the brow.
- Therefore, Pause for a moment and squeeze the triceps. Return the arms to the initial position. Exhale
- Complete your Repetition and make the muscle-mind connection.
Standing Barbell Curls
- Grip a barbell maintaining the shoulder width with an underhand grip while standing.
- After that Hold the barbell in front of your thighs, arms outstretched.
- To isolate the biceps and prevent swinging for momentum, maintain your elbows locked to your sides and your back straight.
- Curl the bar up until your forearms meet your biceps by contracting your biceps.
- Slowly reverse the movement under control, then repeat once the bar is about an inch from reaching your thighs, as you want to sustain the tension on the biceps throughout the exercise.
Also Read:- Benefits Of Doing Military Press